- Word count: There is no minimum but usually a posts should be between 600 and 800 words. Please do not exceed 1500 words.
- Tone: Warm and caring and direct tone. Please read a few articles on our site and you’ll get the idea.
- Original Content: Every submitted to us should be original and unique. We check every guest post with copyscape. Please do not submit any post that have been published elsewhere or even in your personal blog.
- Bio and promotion: We to include your brief bio at the end of each post because we do not compensate contributors for posts. Your bio can contain links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts. It will be promoted when your post goes live. Your bio should not be more than 3-4 sentences. PlentyWell is a great resource to promote your expertise, products or services as long as they are legitimate and proven.
- Health claims: Any health claims should be backed by peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible sources. It helps reader investigate further if they want to and builds trust.
- We love connecting with new contributors. If your post doesn’t get published within 4 weeks of submission, consider that we have given it a pass.
- We love posts that help our readers grow and feel inspired. PlentyWell is all about holistic health.
- Photos: Please submit at least one photo with your post. The photo should be 850 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall. It would be great if you shoot photos outside in natural light with no distractions in the background.
- If you are submitting yoga, workout or fitness posts: Assume that your reader is new to this exercise . Take original photos or yourself completing the pose or routine you are writing about and label each photo with the move you are demonstrating. The image should be high quality and also write clear instructions on how to complete the activity. We are happy to include a short video (not exceeding 3 minutes).
Here are a few reasons why you should contribute on our blog.
1. You’ll make a difference to peoples lives
Our passionate community is eager to learn more about wellness and you will help make a difference in their lives through your expertise and advice.
2. You’ll reach a global audience.
Your submission will be promoted across the internet on social channels such as facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter and many other destinations. Moreover, your content will be sent on our weekly newsletters and it will remain online forever.
3. Get professional acclaim.
But putting up your authoritative content, you will get professional accliam. You will attract clients, coaching jobs, and much more by getting people interested in what you have to say.
4 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE SUBMITTING TO THE MIND BODY CONNECT
1. Is my piece is informational, educational and entertaining?
We encourage positive posts that inspire people and educate them at the same. Does your article inspire, educate and entertain them?
2. Is my headline catchy enough?
Every article gets attention due to the headline. We encourage you to write great headlines that capture audience’s imgination and let them click on it to ready more. At the same time, your headline should fulfill its promise without being fluffy or sensational. We strongly encourage you to read this short report Why headline fails by Sean D’Souza to learn how to write catchy headlines.
3. Does my first paragraph create a powerful opening?
First paragraphs makes the first impression. Does your paragraph clearly sets the tone for the rest of the article. Does it arouse interest and glue the reader to read more?
4. Am I showing actionable advice?
By writing, you are showing. A great article provides actionable advice that reader can understand and implement. Make your advice so clear, succinct and actionable that anybody can follow it and get value out of it.
Here are few pointers to keep in mind when writing for PlentyWell.com
1. Write in your own voice.
Have your own personality show up in your writing. People like to read from a real person. By vulnerable and be yourself.
2. Keep it short.
Less is more. Cut down unnecessary fat from your post and still keep the essence of it intact.
3. Stick to plain English!
Use english that a 5th grader can understand. Majority of our audience is new to the idea of holistic wellness. Make sure it’s easy for them to understand your ideas. Avoid using technical words and replace them with simpler synonyms. Simplicity always wins.
4. Show us your sources.
Please include a link to all sources that you mention in your statistics or study. Peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets are the best way to validate any claim you are making in your article.
- Email your full post in a word file. Attach image separately. Do not EVER include any links within the article. Your bio will have that.
- Include your brief bio (less than 150 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages.
- A headshot of you to use along with your bio.
Please send the above to: info AT plentywell.com